After a few spy shots from Nurburgring, Elon Musk officially unveiled the 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid edition today at the shareholder meeting. At $139,990 USD, this all-electric, tri-motor AWD sedan has over 1,100 horsepower and offers 520 miles of range on a full charge. It accelerates from 0-60 mph in under 2-seconds, has a top speed of 200 mph and managed to lap Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca in just 1.30.3. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Model S Plaid will go into production in late 2021, but can be pre-ordered right now directly from the Tesla website. All you need to do is submit a $1,000 refundable deposit and make the final payment before deliveries begin late next year. This powertrain will eventually make its way to the Model X and the new Roadster in the future as well.
- Hot Wheels id takes vehicle play to a new level of pulse-pounding excitement, offering a first-of-its kind mixed-play experience.
- Track speed and count laps with your classic Hot Wheels track and the Hot Wheels Race Portal. With every milestone conquered, kids’ racing prowess is boosted.
- Build a virtual garage of outrageous vehicles -like this Tesla Model S-to race, jump, crash and compete. Unlock performance boosts, races and rad rewards.
- Race cars in insane digital races, unlock rewards and level up with the free mobile app. NFC-enabled device or Hot Wheels Race Portal (sold separately) required to scan in cars.
- Take it to the next level and use with the Hot Wheels id Smart Track (sold separately).
In-car footage from Sunday’s Plaid Model S run at Laguna Seca pic.twitter.com/rwQDBFCWoH
— Tesla (@Tesla) September 23, 2020